Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Beauty in Nature

I grew up in an isolated area along the Canadian Border, in Northern New York. It was time when a time the land still talked to the people. Nature was my mother in many ways, and interacting with nature taught me invaluable lessons. She is both fierce and beautiful, but always awesome.
On my other blog, mythicmusing, I have been writing about my experiences with a numinous image: reindeer goddess. Due to my interest in reindeer, I discovered the story of baby Blue: he his the first wild reindeer born in England since the Ice Age and he was born on May Day.

photo by Adam Gerrard/SWNS





In prior posts I have told stories of my adventures in hummingbird triage and rescue.
A colleague of mine at Pacific Paranormal Investigations recently pointed out a hummingbird web cam to me; meet mother Phoebe and her hatch-lings Hope and Hoku.

I hope these images are as inspiring to you as they are to me.

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled about the hummingbird cam. They have been very special spiritual messengers for me for many years. Especially out at Mission Trails Regional Park where I walk. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete